1.6
Turnaround Time

I bought a 5 year SealSkin cover for my boat. Within 18 months it had started wearing through in several spots.

I decided to keep it as long as possible before getting a warranty replacement, because obviously even 2 covers wasn't going to last the 5 years. By the time another 6 months went by it was practically trash. Well I didn't have time to mess with it as planned. But at about the 4 year mark I remembered and contacted the company for a warranty replacement.

I was approved for a warranty replacement and paid the $35 shipping. I received an email saying it would be shipped. A second email asked me for the product SKU. I looked on their website and there was no SKU listed.

I replied with a link to the specific cover on their company website. More than 3 weeks later and nothing had arrived and I had received no further contact from the company. I called and was told that the reason that the cover hadn't been shipped was that the warehouse didn't know the SKU. What were they going to do?

Just take my $35 and hope I forgot about it? They didn't call. They didn't email. They didn't look at the link I sent...or if they did then they didn't have either the intelligence or the initiative to figure out the SKU from the information provided.

So the person I talked to said he gave them the SKU and it would be shipped the next day. It was finally shipped another 2 weeks later.

In all it took 6 weeks for the warranty replacement when it should have taken a week, and they would have never sent a replacement at all if I hadn't contacted them back. Horrible customer service.

Review about: Seal Skin Covers Boat Cover.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Customer service seems incompetent.

Comments