3.7
Turnaround Time

I read several bad reviews on Seal Skin Covers (formerly Elite Boat Covers) when my cover roached and I thought I was hopeless for a warranty claim after seeing they changed names.I bought my 1200 denier boat cover from Elite in 2013 and by 2016 it was toast.

It was rotting and would tear very easily by only installing/removing it so the quality was definitely not what I expected. I called Seal Skin at 800-915-0038 and always got Victoria who advised me to fill out their claim form and upload pics of the damage. Claim process officially began 8/5/16 and I was told it would take about 2 weeks total to process. Almost 2 weeks later I hadn't received a response on my claim so followed up with them on 8/17/16 & Victoria advised me that it appeared they hadn't reviewed my order yet, but said they would make sure to get me the approval and shipping label immediately.

About an hour later I received approval of my warranty claim & they sent me a UPS shipping label to return my old cover which I shipped IMMEDIATELY & then had to pay $35 (for shipping new cover)? I tracked my package & confirmed they received it on 8/23. On 8/30 I got an email confirming my my new cover had shipped but it had no tracking #, so I called and again got Victoria who had me a tracking # within 5 minutes. My cover arrived on 8/30 and I IMMEDIATELY tried it on to make sure it fit after reading several reviews about them exchanging incorrect covers, etc.

My cover fit perfect, and the quality actually did seem a bit better than its predecessor but nowhere near worth what I paid for the original cover. We’ll see how long this one lasts – hopefully a few years longer! Overall I wouldn't rate the exchange experience a 10 out of 10, but considering how skeptical I was of them, I would at least give the return/exchange process a 7.

Moving on to 3 years after my original purchase, I now have a new cover - even after they changed names from Elite to Seal Skin.Maybe they're getting better after all the bad reviews and realizing that you get repeat business by doing good ethical business.

Review about: Seal Skin Covers Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Customer service and warranty exchange process, Material quality of new cover seemed better than old elite cover.

I didn't like: Quality of original cover from elite boat covers.

Had an Experience with Seal Skin Covers?

Comments

EQ4ALL
Humble, Texas, United States #1212004

I have yet to see any improvement over their customer service!