I read several bad reviews on Seal Skin Covers (formerly Elite Boat Covers) when my cover roached and I thought I was hopeless for a warranty claim after seeing they changed names.I bought my 1200 denier boat cover from Elite in 2013 and by 2016 it was toast.
It was rotting and would tear very easily by only installing/removing it so the quality was definitely not what I expected. I called Seal Skin at 800-915-0038 and always got Victoria who advised me to fill out their claim form and upload pics of the damage. Claim process officially began 8/5/16 and I was told it would take about 2 weeks total to process. Almost 2 weeks later I hadn't received a response on my claim so followed up with them on 8/17/16 & Victoria advised me that it appeared they hadn't reviewed my order yet, but said they would make sure to get me the approval and shipping label immediately.
About an hour later I received approval of my warranty claim & they sent me a UPS shipping label to return my old cover which I shipped IMMEDIATELY & then had to pay $35 (for shipping new cover)? I tracked my package & confirmed they received it on 8/23. On 8/30 I got an email confirming my my new cover had shipped but it had no tracking #, so I called and again got Victoria who had me a tracking # within 5 minutes. My cover arrived on 8/30 and I IMMEDIATELY tried it on to make sure it fit after reading several reviews about them exchanging incorrect covers, etc.
My cover fit perfect, and the quality actually did seem a bit better than its predecessor but nowhere near worth what I paid for the original cover. We’ll see how long this one lasts – hopefully a few years longer! Overall I wouldn't rate the exchange experience a 10 out of 10, but considering how skeptical I was of them, I would at least give the return/exchange process a 7.
Moving on to 3 years after my original purchase, I now have a new cover - even after they changed names from Elite to Seal Skin.Maybe they're getting better after all the bad reviews and realizing that you get repeat business by doing good ethical business.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Customer service and warranty exchange process
- Material quality of new cover seemed better than old elite cover
What I disliked
- Quality of original cover from elite boat covers
You May Also Like
- "I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched..."
- "Cover looks great in the box when you receive it. Don't believe their 5 or 10 year warranty. They state waterproof (not even water resistant). My Yamaha WaveRunner fills with..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "I once was an excited oreo customer. But now I am in full disappointment. I myself opperate my own business, so you have my understanding. But with that said, my..."
- "What a bunch of crooks!!! Don't buy one single item from this privately owned company. Do RESEARCH before you consider this junk. Don't try and contact "customer service" hotline. That's..."
- " On March 12 at 11:15am I took my 1 year old dog, Reese to the groomers for the very first time. Upon arrival and during my initial phone conversations with..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."